Please take the time to read the following rules before you start to fish. Anyone disobeying these rules will be asked to remedy the situation immediately, or to leave without a refund. They also risk being banned from the Shotton Hall Angling Club syndicate.
1. ALL members MUST carry their current membership I.D. Card at all times on Shotton Hall Pond and at all S.H.A.C. Meetings. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave the water or the meeting.
2. All members MUST carry and produce their current membership I.D. Card, or day ticket proof and E.A. license on request by any Club Bailiff, Club Member, Council Officer, Police Constable or E.A. Bailiff.
3. There are NO exchange tickets with any other fishing club or organisation.
4. No minimum age for membership, however ALL juniors (12) years old and under MUST be accompanied by a member over EIGHTEEN (18) years old.
5. 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a fishing adult, and both must fish from the same peg.
NB: from Thirteen (13) years of age, all members and day ticket applicants must possess & carry a current, valid, in-date EA license.
6. A small amount of day tickets will be available. A day ticket can be purchased from Shotton Hall in-person. A valid EA licence must be produced in order to be able to purchase a day ticket – NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. All day tickets MUST be purchased from Shotton Hall before fishing.
8. ANYONE CAUGHT AND PROVEN TO BE LEAVING/SPREADING LITTER WITHIN THE GROUNDS OF SHOTTON HALL, OR SHOTTON HALL ANGLING CLUB WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CLUB WITH NO EXCEPTIONS!
9. Any Officer, Committee Member, Club Bailiff, or Member found after investigation to be breaking or manipulating the club or E.A. rules to benefit themselves may have their membership withdrawn.
10. When fishing, all members and day ticket holders must carry a knotless landing net and disgorger (E.A. rules).
11. No fixed leads.
12. Unhooking mats must be used by all, for all species of fish.
13. All Sea Fishing equipment is banned.
14. All bait rods and equipment are banned.
15. All Keepnets are banned.
16. All Carp/fish holding sacks are banned.
17. All floating baits are banned.
18. All ’Bivvies’ and/or tents are banned.
19. All nuts and uncooked seeds are banned.
20. No more than 1Kg of groundbait may be used in one day.
21. Unused bait MUST NOT at any time be discarded into the water. Take home whatever is unused.
22. Anglers must ensure that their peg is clear of litter before commencing fishing, and then again on departure. Rubbish bags are available from reception; please help us to keep the pond and grounds in good order.
23. All fish must be returned to the water as soon as possible and without delay.
24. All fish must be handled with care and not lifted more than 18 inches above the ground.
25. No Dogs (except guide dogs), Guns (of any description), Fires, Radios, Stoves, Barbecues and Alcoholic drinks on, or at the bank side while fishing.
26. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated; a membership or day ticket holder will immediately be withdrawn resulting in a ban from Shotton Hall Angling Club. There will be No refunds of any monies.
27. Anyone observed damaging the property, including plants or our wildlife, causing a disturbance, using foul language or being inconsiderate to staff, guests or other anglers will be asked to leave and will be removed from the Shotton Hall Angling Club syndicate without further notice.
28. ALL fishing maximum 2 rods.
29. Rods must be attended at all times.
30. All fishing from designated pegs only. (A maximum of six pegs are to be installed in 2023).
31. Barbless hooks only.
32. In the interests of fish conservation, no hooks larger than size 10 shall be used.
33. In the interests of fish conservation, no lines above 12lb shall be used.
34. NO NIGHT FISHING.
35. If electronic bite alarms must be used, volume to be kept at an absolute minimum.
36. Anyone found to be fishing without a Shotton Hall Angling Club membership or a day ticket for that day will be deemed as poaching and will be asked to leave the premises immediately. Failing this, local Police will be notified and will act under Schedule 1 of the Theft Act 1968.
37. Toilet facilities are available within reception in the Shotton Hall building to all Shotton Hall Angling Club members and day ticket holders. If these are to be used, please remove your footwear, or use the overshoes provided to avoid bringing grass and mud onto the carpets. Anyone deviating from this will spoil this facility for all. Please be courteous.
38. You are also expected to abide by the Environment Agencies rules and regulations for fishing, particularly the Yorkshire and North East fisheries bylaws3. Copies of these bylaws are available from reception if required.
There is no fishing permitted at Shotton Hall Pond during every calendar month of May. This is to broadly coincide with the coarse fish spawning season. This also gives the pond and surroundings a rest and allows us to carry out improvement work. Anyone fishing the pond during this closed season will be asked to leave, and will be banned from the Shotton Hall Angling Club syndicate.